I'm sort of at a loss here. I'm not sure of what to write or even if I want to write anything. I feel a bit compelled to catch you people up on what's been going on in my little life, but it hasn't exactly been much and may be a bit too boring. I also sometimes think of quitting this blog thing altogether. But I still love your blogs. I can't keep up with them, though, not to mention my own.
I just don't know.
So here is some randomness that may also be considered an update:
- I have lost around 25 pounds. Which took/ takes quite a lot of work. Which getting time-sucked into the computer does NOT help.
- I've been working out three times a week in a Crossfit class. It. Is. Awesome. I feel so strong and generally like a bit of a bad-ass. Which is what doing a buttload of push-ups, squats, lunges, etc will do for you.
- I have also started running. I should probably refer to this as jogging, because it's not as if I'm going very fast. But it feels good nonetheless, both physically and mentally.
- I have been a good bit more organized, mostly with my time. Which I am pretty sure can be attributed to more time spent away from the computer. Whatever the reason, I have been much better this year (meaning this school year, because all teachers think of a year as beginning in August) about keeping up with lesson plans, grading, and paperwork. I've been keeping my classroom tidy and my home has been fairly tidy, too. Tidy for us, anyway. I've been better at managing things like homework, bedtimes, dishes, laundry, etc. And damn it feels good. But it means I have had to give up time somewhere. And that somewhere has been computer time for me.
- Don't you sometimes feel like just keeping up with the reading and commenting on your Reader can take a huge chunk of your day? Hell, last year there were many days I would keep my Google Reader open at school and read/ comment during my planning time or lunch. Which was really just a big fat waste of time. I should have been grading or making copies or something, but it seemed I never had enough time to do it once I finally got home. And I felt the need to keep up.
I hope this doesn't come across as yet another one of my bitch-fests. I love your blogs and many more. I'm not done yet, but these are the reasons why I may not be commenting as much lately. Because I'm busy doing other stuff. Stuff that's pretty damn good for me and my family.
On that note, this is my 100th post. Not very many for two-years worth of blogging, but it still feels like a little accomplishment. So I'm doing a giveaway. My first giveaway. What am I giving away, you might ask? Well, that I just don't know. But it will be something, hopefully something good. You know the drill.